Those are session messages that do not require templates nor pre-approvals.
You can only send an interactive message up until 24 hours after receiving a message from the user. If you have not received a message from the user within this time, you will need to start a new conversation by sending a Template message.
Interactive messages contain buttons, menus, or custom actions that invite users to interact with the business besides only typing texts.
They achieve significantly higher response rates and conversions compared to text-based messages.
The following messages are considered interactive:
- List Messages: Messages including a menu of up to 10 options. This type of message offers a simpler and more consistent way for users to make a selection when interacting with a business.
- Reply Buttons: Messages including up to 3 options —each option is a button. This type of message offers a quicker way for users to make a selection from a menu when interacting with a business. Reply buttons have the same user experience as interactive templates with buttons.
- Interactive messages can be combined together in the same flow.
- Users cannot select more than one option at the same time from a list or button message, but they can go back and re-open a previous message.
- List or reply button messages cannot be used as notifications. Currently, they can only be sent within 24 hours of the last message sent by the user. If you try to send a message outside the 24-hour window, you get an error message.
- Supported platforms: iOS, Android, and web.
See how text messages compare to interactive messages: