WABA Policy Enforcement
If it is repeated and high-risk, such as adult content, sale of alcohol and tobacco, drugs, gambling, and Unsafe supplements, it may get message restrictions that gradually increase in duration, like:
- 1 or 3-day block on sending business-initiated messages, and adding additional phone numbers to the account
- 5 or 7-day block on sending business-initiated messages and responding to customer-initiated messages, and adding additional phone numbers to the account
- Eventually be permanently disabled from the WhatsApp Business Platform, if the business does not make changes after multiple warnings and feature limits
When there is evidence of a severe policy violation, such as child exploitation, terrorism, or the sale of illegal drugs, WhatsApp immediately disables the Business account from the Business Platform.
All violations can be appealed within 90 days of being received.
Violations will be shown in your Partner Hub under each WABA. Both you and the client will receive Hub notifications whenever a warning is triggered.
When a business account violates the policy, details can be found in the Account Quality section of Business Manager. To see violations:
- 2.Click More > Account Quality > Facebook Business Accounts.
4. For any individual issue, click See Details to view the policy that was violated and how to avoid this type of violation in the future:
Violation updates include:
- Summary of policy violated and link to the policy itself.
- Examples of which content is allowed or disallowed based on that policy.
- Whether there are any active restrictions on the account and what happens if the violation happens again.
- How to avoid future policy violations and links to helpful resources.
- How to appeal.
An account can become restricted or disabled depending on the number and severity of issues. Specific restrictions can be viewed in Account Quality along with information on the next steps and requesting a review for a particular policy issue.
Restricted or disabled accounts can still appeal issues. If issues are reversed following the appeal, the account returns to its previous status.
The business can appeal the violation by requesting a review. The WhatsApp team reviews the case against the appealed violation and decides if the violation needs to be reconsidered. This review may result in WhatsApp reversing the violation.
This is how you request a decision review:
- 1.From the Account Quality page, click on the relevant WhatsApp Business Account.
- 2.Choose from the list of violations and click Request Review.
- 3.A new dialog opens in Business Manager. Enter supporting details and click Submit.
- 4.After submission, the request and the issue are moved to the In Review tab.
- 5.The appeal review decision will be sent via the Business Manager and typically takes 24 to 48 hours. The appealed violation will either remain Unchanged, or be set as Reversed.