Driving users to a WhatsApp channel
User-initiated conversations can originate from several entry points. Learn here how to configure and use each one.
Users can search for a Business inside their WhatsApp app. See how to set your account to be found here.
Clients can easily create a QR Code for a number in Facebook Business Manager > WhatsApp Manager.
To do so, the client must have access to the WhatsApp API enabled Number (ie: the number is visible in the WhatsApp Manager and is Connected).
For numbers that are managed by 360dialog (ie: the number is not visible in the client's WhatsApp Manager), please create a support ticket if you need a QR code.
To create a QR code:
- 1.In WhatsApp Manager, navigate to Phone numbers.
- 2.Navigate to the phone number that you'd like to use for the code.
- 3.Click Settings.
- 4.Click Message links.
- 5.Click Create message link.
- 6.In the Message field, input the text for a pre-filled message that will populate for customers to edit and send to you after they scan the QR code. If you don't add text, your QR code will pop up as an open-ended conversation when scanned.
- 7.Click Save.
- 8.You have the option to copy, download, edit or delete the QR code link.
You can use the Deep and Universal Links to lead clients into a conversation with a specific start message. We highly recommend using Universal Links and not Deeplinks.
These links will take the user straight into WhatsApp (if it's installed) or to a landing page hosted by WhatsApp (if it's not installed).
whatsapp://r- account confirmation link - which doesn't seem to work on iOS
whatsapp://send- contact picker
http[s]://v.whatsapp.com- verify SMS deeplink
http[s]://api.whatsapp.com- text and direct chat deeplink
http[s]://wa.me- text and direct chat deeplink
http[s]://chat.whatsapp.com- accept invite link deeplink
An example of the full link is below.