Hosting type Change
When a Cloud API number is present within the same WhatsApp Business Account (WABA), the webhook will receive events for both numbers concurrently. We are working on a feature to eliminate this condition.
For Clients who manage a WABA with multiple numbers, we highly recommend postponing any migration until this upcoming feature is officially released in the following weeks.
To migrate a WABA from a 360dialog On-Premise to Cloud API, please refer to our step-by-step instructions through the 360dialog Client Hub:
Before migrating a number, it's important to go ensure the following:
- 1.The number is connected and registered under On-premise hostingConfirm that the WhatsApp Business API account is connected and registered under On-premise hosting type. Disconnected numbers need to be reconnected before changing hosting type.
- 2.Access to 360dialog HubThe process is handled in the 360dialog Hub. No public endpoint is available to change the hosting type through the API yet.
- 3.Access to last API Key generated or to generate a new oneIn Cloud, only the most recent API Key will work. To ensure everything goes smoothly after migration, we strongly recommend that you generate a new API Key.
In the 360dialog Partner Hub > Details page for any number, there is a property "Hosting Platform Type".
From there, you can launch the Cloud migration assistant.
Your request will be processed. You either wait for it to be done or close the pop-up. You will receive a notification in your Notification Center whenever the migration is completed.
After the number is migrated, the Hosting Platform Type will appear as below:
Hosting Platform Type after Cloud API migration
The migration time process takes about 3 minutes. You should expect up to 5 minutes downtime during and after this process.
After the migration:
- Make sure you are calling the correct endpoint: https://waba-v2.360dialog.io/messages
- Make sure you are using the most recently generated API KEY. Old API KEYs will not work on the Cloud API. It is highly recommended that you generate another API key after the migration. See Cloud API Authorization Errors for more information.