Onboarding: Embedded Signup
The Embedded Signup flow is the fastest and easiest way to create a WhatsApp Business account and register a number.
To get a WhatsApp Business API Access, you will need the following: - a valid phone number - Embedded Signup entry point such as an Integration Partner. You can create a new Meta Business Account or connect to an existing one during the Embedded Signup process.
Please choose your Business Manager carefully, since it can't be changed after the number is registered.
You must add your information in the Business Info section of Business Manager Settings. You need to include a legal name, an address, a website, and the business phone number you intend to use for messaging.
You can use a phone number that is already registered in the Android, iPhone, or Business versions of WhatsApp. However, to register this phone number in the WhatsApp Business API, you need to follow the steps outlined on this page to delete the WhatsApp account associated with that phone number.
Once you finish deleting your app account, you can proceed with Embedded Signup. You will receive a 6-digit code via SMS or Voice call to verify the number.
It's important that this Meta account has admin access to the Meta Business Manager that will manage this WhatsApp account.
When the Embedded Signup is completed, we will deploy the WhatsApp Business API Client. After deployment you will have the option to either generate an API KEY or grant your Integration Partner permission to access the number.
This review will happen in the background, after the account is already live.
After completing the number registration processes, the business will immediately be able to:
- Respond to unlimited customer-initiated conversations (24-hour messaging windows)
- Send business-initiated conversations to 250 unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period
- Register up to two (2) phone numbers, which can both be assigned to 1 WABA or split between 2 WABAss
- Scale business-initiated conversations
- Add additional phone numbers
- Request to become an Official Business Account
And by scaling business-initiated conversations we mean using the Standard Access tier, which gives access to:
After Business Verification is finished, WhatsApp will also approve your company's Display Name.
Display Name Guidelines are very strict, and names will often get rejected for small details or minor discrepancies between the name and the Meta Business, website, or social media. To avoid this, make sure you thoroughly review Meta's guidelines.
Billing will begin as soon as the WhatsApp Business API Client is deployed, and that is right after Embedded Signup is completed.
If you make a mistake with the Embedded Signup Onboarding Process such as:
- Number added to the wrong WABA - WABA added to the wrong FB Account - Account added but no Payment Method set
If you let us know within 14 days of registering the number - we will correct the mistake for you.
Throughout the Embedded Signing up you may face some errors that might interrupt the process. Here we will show you some topics you should keep in mind, especially if you are signing up for extra phone numbers beside the ones you already have.
You may go through this checklist:
- 1.Check Business Manager Not verified Business Managers can only have up to 2 phone numbers. So, guarantee that the correct Business Manager is ready to get the correct amount of allowed phone numbers.
- 2.Still not working Close the browser window and try it again, that might resolve the issue.
- 3.Stuck on a screen Get a screenshot of the problem you are having.
- 4.Open a ticket for our Support Team! Through the button "Create a new Ticket" on the 360 Client Hub, open a ticket explaining the issue and attach the screenshot you have. This level of detail will save the time of investigation, thus, improve the time of response.
If your number was disconnected after signup, please check the Business Info section of your Business Manager. If any piece of information is missing (especially the website), you will need to fill it and then Request a Review from Meta.
You can request a review yourself from Meta Business Manager > Account Quality. You do not need to contact 360dialog to do this.