Compliance with WhatsApp policies and use cases that respect the WhatsApp guidelines. WhatsApp requires compliance with the following:
a) You offer or sell
- Illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs, including marijuana
- Tobacco products and related paraphernalia
- Unsafe supplements
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
- Adult items or services
- Adult health items
- Real money gambling services
- Goods, items, or posts that we determine may be or are fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, or offensive
- Items or products with overtly sexualized positioning
- Products or items that facilitate or encourage unauthorized access to digital media which do not comply with Facebook's policies
b) Your audience might be younger than 16.
Yes. It is now possible to port (migrate) WhatsApp API enabled numbers to 360dialog from alternate BSPs. Contact our Sales team for more information.
Technically we can set up existing numbers if they are linked to the WhatsApp Business App (or, with some more effort, numbers linked to a regular WhatsApp consumer App).
Yes, and, in order to do so, first you need to fully delete the account that is still associated with the App.
- The number has a WhatsApp App or WhatsApp Business App installed on the device with the number.
- The Registration is Timed Out. Facebook only permits a certain number of Registration attempts before imposing a timeout.
There is no way to "swap" or "change" a number outright. However, you can achieve the same result by setting up a new phone number and then deleting the old one. Be aware that new phone numbers will start again at the lowest quality tier and will be automatically upgraded to higher tiers as more messages are sent.
WhatsApp doesn't have any obvious differentiators to distinguish a WhatsApp Business App number from a WhatsApp Business API number. If you can Call or Video Call the number - then it is either a WhatsApp App or WhatsApp Business App. Calls are not supported on the WhatsApp API yet. The only visual way to identify a WhatsApp Business API number is the Green Badge for an Official Business Account.
- During the online transaction process
- While setting up user profile and preferences
- Via email, SMS, or within the mobile app
- Via phone interactive voice response (IVR)
- User action, such as entering a phone number, checking an "I agree" box
- Explicit language containing "I agree to receive [noun], [logo and name], on [number]
- Visual indication next to the WhatsApp name and log, such as a checkbox
The WhatsApp stack consists of
- a message gateway that represents the encrypted endpoint (WACORE)
- an API-gateway that is used to configure settings and to send and receive messages and (WAWEB)
- a database to store messages and files.
Default deployment will happen to Google's Cloud Platform hosting centre in Frankfurt, Germany.
No, there is no such feature.
WhatsApp Business API supports location sharing, but real-time location sharing is currently unsupported and will result in “Message type is unsupported”.
Our servers are working only in HTTP SSL connection on port 443 (standard for HTTPS).
No, that is not possible. Since the API system is a programming language, accounts that are connected to an API system can only message accounts that are connected to an APP system, and not to another API system.
What are acceptable methods of direct human escalation if a client is using automation in user-initiated messages?
Examples of direct channels supported include: human agent hand-off in chat, phone number, email, web support, support form and in-store visits. Escalation channels to social media accounts (Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, Telegram, etc.) are not supported because they require a user to have a login and account on another service. Furthermore, indirect channels such as a help center webpage or a link to an app do not meet this requirement.
There are some countries that WhatsApp excludes from communicating with WhatsApp for Business numbers. Phone numbers from the following countries are blocked:
- Crimea (+7978)
- Cuba (+53)
- Iran (+98)
- North Korea (+850)
- Syria (+963)