WABA account: Classic Signup (will be deprecated)
Classic Signup is the old way of registering a WhatsApp Business API account. For new clients, Embedded Signup is recommended.
Deprecation date for Classic Signup will be announced soon.
To get a WhatsApp Business Account, you will need the following: - a valid Facebook Business Manager ID (see here how to find it) - a valid phone number - a signup form link (which will be supplied by a Solution Partner or 360dialog)
Fill out the WhatsApp Business Account application form with:
- Your email address (which can't be connected to an active 360dialog account);
- Your name
- Your Company name
- Your Facebook Business Manager ID
- Phone Number that will be used in the WhatsApp account
- Your Timezone
The form is available in the following languages. To change it, please use the bottom right menu.
After clicking the Accept Terms button, you will be able to move forward with the registration.
The next step is accepting the "Messaging On Behalf" request in your Facebook Business Manager.
- 2.Within the Facebook Business Manager, click Business settings.
- 3.Click Requests.
- 4.Under Received, find our request and click Approve.
Now, you will see the Channel status in the Hub as
REGISTRATION_READY.You can then trigger the 6-digit verification PIN code via
voice(Phone Call) or
smsby clicking Trigger Registration.
Choose Verification Method
Enter Verification Code
When you receive the 6-digit PIN code in your device, click "Finish Registration" and enter the code when prompted.
After completing the Number Registration process, the account will be set to Live.
After the number is successfully registered you will be able to retrieve your
D360-API-KEYin the Hub. Both the WhatsApp Account and Number should now be displayed in green, which means the number is connected to the WhatsApp Business API.
The Generate API key option is only available in the 360 Client Hub. Partner users do not have access to this button.
Generate API Key
To keep connected to the API you must add your information in the Business Info section of Business Manager Settings. You need to include a legal name, an address, a website, and the business phone number you intend to use for messaging.
This review will happen in the background, after the account is already live.
After completing the number registration processes, the business will immediately be able to:
- Respond to unlimited customer-initiated conversations (24-hour messaging windows)
- Send business-initiated conversations to 50 unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period
- Register up to two (2) phone numbers, which can both be assigned to 1 WABA or split between 2 WABAs.
- Scale business-initiated conversations
- Add additional phone numbers
- Request to become an Official Business Account
And by scaling business-initiated conversations we mean using the Standard Access tier, which gives access to:
- More than 2 phone numbers
After Business Verification is finished, WhatsApp will also approve your company's Display Name.
Display Name Guidelines are very strict, and names will often get rejected for small details or minor discrepancies between the name and the Facebook Business, website, or social media. To avoid this, make sure you thoroughly review Facebook's guidelines.
Billing will begin after Messaging on Behalf is accepted. This is when API stack is deployed.