On-Premise API (alternate BSP) to 360dialog On-Premise API
This document described how to migrate a number from an On-Premise API with an alternate BSP to360dialog On-Premise API
A phone number to be ported to 360dialog
- You must be able to receive and verify a 6 Digit PIN Code through SMS or Voice Call.
- The WhatsApp Business Account connected to the number to be migrated must be verified by Meta. Accounts in Sandbox mode cannot be migrated.
As required my Meta, the existing BSP must disable Two-Factor Verification (2FA) on the existing setup.
Admin Access to Business Manager
Before migrating a number, it's important to go through the following checklist:
- 1.Valid Meta Business ID You can find your Meta Business ID by following these steps. The Meta Business ID must be associated with the WhatsApp Account > number that you are trying to migrate. An overview of the ownership model can be found here.
- 2.Admin Access to Meta Business Manager You must have Admin access to the FBM Account.
- 4.Phone number access You must have access to the phone number to receive a 6 Digit PIN Code via SMS or Phone Call.
- 5.2FA Disabled You must check and confirm with your old BSP that Two-Factor Verification (2FA) is disabled on the existing WhatsApp Business API Client.
- 6.Number is not registered for WhatsApp Cloud API At present, we do not support migration from the Cloud API hosted by Meta. You can identify a number using the Cloud API by opening the number in WhatsApp Web. Cloud API numbers have the message "this business uses a secure messaging service from Meta".
- 7.Business website is live Make sure that the website listed in Meta Business Manager > Business Info is correct and the website is live.
- 8.For Brazilian numbers Check in your current WhatsApp profile if the number registered has the extra 9 or not. When migrating the number, it should look exactly the same as the current profile.
After you have submitted the initial information either through your 360 Client Hub or through a Solution Partner Number Porting Form, you will start the number porting process that is detailed below.
After finishing the setup in step 3, the migration is automatic and immediate.
You will need to accept the Message on Behalf request of 360dialog. You must have admin access to the Business Manager to see and accept the request.
You must have access to the phone number to verify the ownership and receive a 6 Digit PIN Code per SMS or Voice Call.
You need to wait for the number to be set up. This step takes a few minutes, but right afterwards the API key generation will be possible.
To ensure minimal downtime while porting your number to 360dialog, we offer special Number Porting Support. Please contact your Account Manager to schedule a specific window to do the Porting.
During the migration process, a few errors might occur. Here is how to solve them:
Before you can verify your phone number ownership, you first need to accept the message on behalf request that was sent to your Business Manager. You will also receive an email notification.
To approve the message on behalf request:
- 2.Within Business Manager, click Business Settings.
- 3.Click Requests.
- 4.Under Received, find your 360dialogs request and click Approve.
If you can't see the message on behalf request, please check if the Business Manager you have access to has the same ID that you submitted in the migration form.
Before you can verify your phone number ownership you first need to disable two-factor authentication (2FA) for this number. This can be done either by you or by the Business Solution Provider, that is currently in charge of this number.
Please confirm that the 2FA was disabled before submitting the account for migration.
This means that you should not use the migration form to register this number. Please follow the process listed here instead.
This means that the number is already available in 360dialog. You can use the 360 Client Hub to manage it.
This means that the Meta Business ID sent in the form is not the same ID that currently manages this account. Please check the Business Manager and/or the old BSP dashboard to confirm which Business ID manages this WhatsApp account.
This means that an unexpected error occurred. Please reach out to our Support team with the information about this number and account so we can investigate accordingly.
If you want to port your number away from 360dialog you must disable 2FA on the existing setup.
For Owned WABAs (onboarded via Embedded Signup)
- The Business Admin (Owner of the WhatsApp Business Account) can disable 2FA directly from Meta Business Manager.
For Shared WABAs (onboarded via Classic Signup)
- Create a ticket (Topic: 2FA disable request) and we will disable 2FA for you.
Please allow 48-72 hours for us to process your 2FA disable request.
After the number transferred away from 360dialog, you must cancel your 360dialog subscription to avoid further charges..